About weight Loss
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation About weight Loss

Hello Marines and Poolees,
    My name is Jordan Moore and I am 20 years old. Since I was a kid of 6 years old and saw my first Marine Corps movie, Full Metal Jacket, I have ALWAYS wanted to be in the Marines. Though my dream never really kicked me in the tail until I reached High School. Through High School I was losing weight rapidly working with a recruiter and got down in weight fast, though during my senior year before ship, I met whom is now my wife, Ariel. From there I put off my plans for ship (because the contract had not been signed yet, they were awaiting my last weigh in to send me to MEPS.) So I put off my signing and ship, to get married. I got married at 18 and for about a year and a half, I did not even think of the Marines, because 1. I had a family now and was having to work and finish college, and 2. my wife would not have of it. Though she and I had dated through High School for 3 years, she never enforced her hatred for me joining until the day we said "I do". But after 2 years of marriage, she has finally seen that my life will never be complete, and that I will forever regret it if I do not join my beloved Corps. A dream I have had since I was small. So she agreed to go through the pain of seperation during boot camp and my adv school so I could become a Marine. Great news, right. Yes, but now for the past 2 months I have tried everything I could think of to lose weight. I have tried the same diets and routines Gunny Acord used for me back in High School, I have tried others that other Marines have mentioned. Not one of them have produced more than 4lbs of weight loss in 2 months. I do not know what is wrong with me. Plus the fact that the Marine recruiter that is here in town now, wont even talk to me let alone help me lose weight because he says that I am disqualified and not allowed to help me until I meet minimum requirements. Personally, I think he is full of it, because Gunny helped me from day one when I met him in High School. So I figured, instead of wasting anymore time on him, and trying to convince him that I am a true destined Marine, I would come here to the source, where I could find other Marines, Marines that have been there and done that. So can you please help me? I will take any advice you can give me, I dont care if its harsh or nice... because Gunny sure as heck was never nice.... so please, let me have it.... below is my current stats.

Thanks,
    Jordan

Weight: 339lbs
    Height: 6'3"
    Blood Pressure and etc.: Doctor says I am surprisingly healthy as a horse.

I have never had a weight problem so if you want to be a Marine you have alot of weight to lose, get in touch with a personal trainer and a dietician.

Paragraphs are pretty cool. You will get more reads/answers if it's easier to read.

Wow dude...That's ALOT of weight (no offense). It's a new year and I'm sure if you take people's advice you will be qualified before this year is over.

2004 I was 230 lbs, as of now I'm in my late 170s. Cardio was my best friend. Running/jogging is the best thing you can do, for at least 30 mins a day 3-4 days a week. Eat healthy! Whole grain breads, no fried food, just steamed, baked, boiled, grilled....etc. Lower your caloric intake by 500....

3500 calories = 1 lb.
    So lowering your calories by 500 will add up to an extra lb. a week...
    Stay motivated for your family dude. . Eat lean & protein, exercise and run your ass off, you'll be there in no time! Have you read the stories of recruits shedding 100+ lbs in 6 months to join the USMC? It's possible!

I'm not a nutrition, but after losing a lot of weight, I know quite a few things about dieting, PM me if you want to know more.

I'm no Marine, but this is what i've been doing for about 3 weeks and i've lost almost 13 pounds, but considering that you're 339 lbs, it may be long and hard for you to lose 100 lbs, but in 7 months (maybe less if you work your arse off) it is very possible, here it goes:

Eat only 1500-2200 calories a day, you can probably eat more, just not Fast-food, fried foods, or anything like that, completely cut all that out. To start your day, eat a grapefruit.

Eat as much fruits and veggies you possibly can, i'm talking LOADS OF THEM! Apples, grapefruits, bananas, celery, carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, etc.

Walk 3-5 miles AT LEAST everyday, no exceptions, and don't run, you'll risk your knees and lower back, and wear a Black Trashbag(it sounds wierd, but it boosts your heart rate) Remember to HYDRATE! At least 3-4 liters a day! Sweat, sweat, and after that, sweat some more!

Now, thats what i've been doing, so far it's been great, but since you're 339 lbs, try to walk 1-2 miles for the first week, next week 2-3, next week 3-4, etc.
    You'll drop serious poundage, and ask your Recruiter about the DEP.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    How about not eat at all, just drink a lot of water, and get proteins, and run run run run run run run.

But I don't know if it can work with you.

If I have said something wrong, please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasITALY View Post
    How about not eat at all, just drink a lot of water, and get proteins, and run run run run run run run.

But I don't know if it can work with you.

If I have said something wrong, please correct me.
    Probably everything.

Eat 5-6 small meals a day..every 3 hours or so, to keep your metabolism burning.

Consume tons of water and protein, lay off fried food etc.

Only consume 100g or so of carbs a day, and never eat carbs alone, always eat proteins with your carbs 1st

Dont eat 2-3 hour before sleep

Best time to run/burn fat is 1st thing in morning on an empty stomach

Walk/jog after dinner..or any meal if you are up to it

To loose weight you must eat, do not starve yourself

Progress in your workouts, changing your routine every week or 2 weeks keeps the body guessing, thus better/and steady results

Good luck and stay motivated!!

stop eating babies,

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    Probably everything.

Eat 5-6 small meals a day..every 3 hours or so, to keep your metabolism burning.

Consume tons of water and protein, lay off fried food etc.

Only consume 100g or so of carbs a day, and never eat carbs alone, always eat proteins with your carbs 1st

Dont eat 2-3 hour before sleep

Best time to run/burn fat is 1st thing in morning on an empty stomach

Walk/jog after dinner..or any meal if you are up to it

To loose weight you must eat, do not starve yourself

Progress in your workouts, changing your routine every week or 2 weeks keeps the body guessing, thus better/and steady results

Good luck and stay motivated!!
    So the "don't eat anything but drink a lot and you will loose weight" is not true..? wow I always thought that our body in case of emergency (no food) our body could eat our lard. Like if lard is a reserve of "food".
    Sorry but I am pretty confused.

Respectfully,
    Nick.

So the "don't eat anything but drink a lot and you will loose weight" is not true..? wow I always thought that our body in case of emergency (no food) our body could eat our lard. Like if lard is a reserve of "food".

Respectfully,
    Nick.

That is so painfully stupid it shocks me.

Your body MUST have new fats, proteins, minerals, vitamins, etc to survive. When your body starts eating itself, you are doing nothing for yourself. Your immune system will shut down, slowly your organs will shut down, you will not have any energy, you will start losing valuable body fat. Please never give advice to anybody, ever, about weight loss.

Like posted previously, eat 5-6 small meals a day, and eat healthy meals. Do cardio, and rapid weights. By rapid weights I mean less weight but fast reps. Do the little things like take the stairs, park far away, walk to the store if it is close etc...good luck.

Thank you very much.... I will definitely combine all the advice I have received and any further advice I receive to make this diet and workout plan work. Thanks a lot guys and please continue to feed me information. I will be posting like a bi-weekly post on here of my results, and that way you can let me know if there is something wrong with it or not... Information cant kill you, it only makes you smarter. But for now, here is an example of my average day for you, and you can tell me how I am doing so far. Tomorrow I will make the adjustments you have advised me of today, but maybe you can give me more information based on this.

7:00AM- Jog 1.5 miles for 20min.
    7:30AM- Eat 2 eggs (boiled with yellow and white) Mashed up with a tablespoon of Ketchup for flavor instead of salt. With that a glass of all natural, no sugar added, grapefruit juice, and a banana or orange.
    10:30AM-Eat a Fruit on the Bottom Strawberry yogurt for snack
    12:00PM-Eat a bowl of chopped up fruit (mixed) with bottle of water !!OR!! normally lettuce with grilled chicken, (grilled by me), and 2 tablespoons of olive oil for flavoring with a half of a green pepper to spice it up some.
    3:00PM- Eat a cup of apple sauce for snack.
    6:00PM- Eat tuna with 1 piece of toasted 100% whole wheat bread and either pinto beans or fresh peas.
    8:00PM- Go jogging 3 miles for an hour. (basically my 1.5 mile routine twice.)

Please let me know where I need improvements and etc.

Thanks,
    Jordan

Respectfully,
    Nick.
    I would expect you to be. This would not be an emergency, as he is trying to loose the weight for good, after starving yourself you sure will loose weight, and muscle, and only gain it back even faster. To keep the weight off, one must eat, to stay healthy.

LCPL Foster

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by KGunner View Post
    That is so painfully stupid it shocks me.

Your body MUST have new fats, proteins, minerals, vitamins, etc to survive. When your body starts eating itself, you are doing nothing for yourself. Your immune system will shut down, slowly your organs will shut down, you will not have any energy, you will start losing valuable body fat. Please never give advice to anybody, ever, about weight loss.
    I apologize then. Thanks for clearing my mind about it..!!!!

Jordan,

I would suggest buying protein powder for after your workouts and even as a snack. They can help take away hunger and will help you keep more muscle. I have even heard of drinking a shake 30 mins before a meal so one doesn't eat as much.

Oh ok.... so try a Protein shake before meals..... do you have a certain brand name preference.

Thread Information